Old May 7th 17, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob[_19_]

Default Grandson Bike Cam Mechanism Questions, Please

Hi,

My Grandson got a new bike, and thought I'd ask you experts some
questions that have come up. I have to admit I know nothing
about "bike mechanics," and would be most grateful for the help.

a. Regarding the cam-lock that holds the wheel to the fork:

Clever gadget.

But, the only way it seems to take the wheel completely off
is to deflate it. Otherwise, we can't get it passed the brake pads.

Are the brake pads, in their relaxed position, supposed to be wide
enough to allow the tire to be passed thru them, easily ?
Or,...?

b. Is there supposed to be a flat washer between the bike fork's
cutout, and the cam mechanism ?
On the cam side ?
On the Nut side ?

Much thanks,