Old January 17th 10, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
JMS

Default Survey - Lorry Drivers vs Cyclists

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:02:03 -0000, "Road_Hog"
wrote:

"JMS" wrote in message
.. .
There is a running thread in uk.rec.cycling.moderated about a survey
being done for the CTC regarding cyclists and lorry drivers.

Some have said that the design of the survey is totally biased in
favour of cyclists

The site says : "If you are a regular cyclist, please answer the 10
questions that follow."

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...DNa0bc2A_3d_3d

I do like the balanced and fair nature of the questions in this survey and
the way lorry drivers are treated with respect by those lycra urban
warriors.

Question1) Are lorry drivers ****s.
A) Yes, they're ****s.
B) Yes, mostly they are ****s.
C)Yes, quite often they are ****s.
D)Yes, they're all ****s all of the time.
E) I've never met a lorry driver who isn't a ****.
In this text box section you can add in further thoughts (on why lorry
drivers are ****s and should be banned from the roads.)

Spot on.

That was the "balance" I was looking for :-)
--
Many cyclists are proving the need for registration by their contempt for the Highway Code and laws.

The answer:
All cyclists over 16 to take compulsory test, have compulsory insurance, and be registered.
Registration number to be clearly visible on the back of mandatory hi-viz vest.
Habitual law breakers' cycles confiscated and crushed.
(With thanks to KeithT for the idea)