Old February 24th 11, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Sensible quote list.

On Feb 24, 6:22*pm, Tony Raven wrote:
Mankind has invested more than four million years of evolution in the

attempt to avoid physical exertion. *Now a group of backward-thinking
atavists mounted on foot-powered pairs of Hula-Hoops would have us
pumping our legs, gritting our teeth, and searing our lungs as though we
were being chased across the Pleistocene savanna by saber-toothed
tigers. *Think of the hopes, the dreams, the effort, the brilliance, the
pure force of will that, over the eons, has gone into the creation of
the Cadillac Coupe de Ville. *Bicycle riders would have us throw all
this on the ash heap of history. *~P.J. O'Rourke

P J O'Rourke is a well known American SATIRIST* best know for his role
with National Lampoon and books such as "Give War a Chance". *Which
makes you quoting him in supposed support of your cause rather hilarious.

Tony

* Sati A poem, or in modern use sometimes a prose composition, in
which prevailing vices or follies are held up to ridicule. (OED)

That may be too highbrow - he usually understands this sort of
reasoning.

See Simple Simon's wife drive her car.
Simple Simon's wife pays no road tax
Simple Simon's wife pays no tax on fuel
Simple Simon's wife pays minimum wage income tax + NI.
Simple Simon's wife paid no income Tax or NI for 16 years as an adult.
Simple Simon's wife has never paid Council Tax
Simple Simon's wife has never spent a penny on tyres, brakes, MOTs,
insurance, repairs etc.

See Simple Simon on his pushbike.
Simple Simon has paid income tax and NI for 35 years, in later years
at the higher rate.
Simple Simon has paid Road Tax for 35 years.
Simple Simon has paid fuel duty and fuel tax for 35 years
Simple Simon has paid Council Tax for 28 years.
Simple Simon pays for all MOTs, fuel, brakes, tyres etc on the car
that his wife uses.

Mind you, even that might go over his head.

--
Simon Mason