Old October 22nd 04, 10:29 AM
Marty Wallace

Default Great Bike Skills

"tony f" wrote in message

"hippy" wrote in message
"Gags" gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote
There was a guy on the other side of the road heading towards the city

on
mountain bike and he was pulling a mono from hell. He would have been

Duallie? Wheelies are easier on dual suspension bikes
because the rear squats down and with disc brakes you
can modulate the brakes much better than rim brakes.

him wasn't catching up. He pedalled for most of the way but a couple

of
times he coasted for at least 20m or so, still pulling a wheelie. The

road

That's called a "manual". You should watch the New World
Disorder series. I think it's the second or third one where one
of the riders manuals at high speed down some bigass hills,
weaving through traffic on the back wheel.. awesome riding!

hippy
- who can't wheelie for nuts

hehe - I was once passed by a guy manualling down a big (tar) hill. I was
doing 60 kmh at the time. Next thing, he dropped it down, briefly hit the
brakes, and proceeded to *nose wheelie* at the same speed.
A-fricking-mazing!

Then he whipped my sorry arse on the dirt as well.

Tony F
www.thefathippy.com

Hey hold on!
So Hippy and the Fat Hippy aren't the same person?
I thought maybe the Fat Hippy had lost some weight and simply become Hippy.
Someone help me out on this!

Marty