Old October 23rd 04, 01:40 PM
hippy

Default Great Bike Skills

"Marty Wallace" wrote
Hey hold on!
So Hippy and the Fat Hippy aren't the same person?

hahaha no they are not :-)

The two aliases were created independently and
I'm sure were coined for different reasons? We worked
out a while back that Tony had it first (only because
he's older :-P), but he was Fat Hippy and I was just
hippy. There is also a courier in San Fran with the nick
hippy.

Fat Hippy rides further north than the Melbourne-based
hippy (Syd?). He rides more mtb than hippy too and
knows a great deal more about bike lighting (and
probably many many more things too!).
But the difference is getting smaller.. 'hippy' having just
read his very own article in a certain "Enduro" mag! (Yes,
I finally spotted a copy! Mum will be so proud hehehe)
The Fat Hippy writes for Australian Mountain Bike?
Maybe others too Tony?

I thought maybe the Fat Hippy had lost some weight
and simply become Hippy. Someone help me out on this!

I think last time we compared 'hippy'ness I lost out on
the scales.. but I'm not so sure he'd win this time around.
We'll have to wait and see :-)

hippy
http://www.thehippy.net/