Old October 14th 06, 10:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
bill

Default Population surplus

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:07:54 -0700, bill wrote:

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:12:15 -0700, george conklin
wrote:

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message
newsp.tg8lacqipheghf@ibm22761843607...

What is it about "gradually increasing fertility rates" that you do
not
understand?

What YOU do not understand is that the future growth of
populations is
measured by the Total Fertility Rates, or TFRs. These are
calculated by the
census for nations and they say that 63 nations are no longer
reproducing
themselves. I suggest you check out the population pyramid projections
which the census makes available, both for the USA and most other
nations of
the world. Stop simply guessing.

No guessing needed. The U.S. has a population growth rate of +0.91%.
Australia +0.85%, France +0.35%, United Kingdom +0.28%, Italy +0.04%,
Japan +0.02%. This info is from the wild and crazy guys at the C.I.A.
By the way, the C.I.A. says there are 272 nations which much mean
there are 209 nations are reproducing themselves. And then some as
the world population growth rate is +1.14% with a birth rate of 20.05
births/1,000 population and a death rate of 8.67 deaths/1,000
population. Whole lot of reproducing going on. The counties that have
negative growth rates are for the most part either tiny or not
something anyone would inspire to. Like Russia which has a population
growth rate of -0.37% but also an infant mortality two and half times
that of the U.S. and a life expectancy ten years less. Is Russia your
ideal for the future of the world?
Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove
"...democracy cannot survive overpopulation. Human dignity cannot
survive it. Convenience and decency cannot survive it. As you put
more and more people into the world, the value of life not only
declines, it disappears. It doesn't matter if someone dies. The more
people there are, the less one individual matters."
Isaac Asimov

Where did they come up with 272 nations? The last I heard it was 201
or something like that. When I was in grade school I think it was only
about 104 or something close. Is somebody minting new countries?
Bill Baka

Since you missed it, I'll repeat "the C.I.A. says there are 272
nations". That was as of 5 October, 2006. There may be more by now.

I didn't miss it, that was why I posted to ask. "The C.I.A. says" may
just be all I want to know.
Bill Baka

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"We are living beyond our means. As a people we have developed a
life-style that is draining the earth of its priceless and irreplaceable
resources without regard for the future of our children and people all
around the world."
Margaret Mead