Old October 16th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy Froncioni

Default Spoke Tension Calibration Curves

Leo Lichtman wrote:
Align the tensiometer across the thin
dimension of the spoke--that will give you the greatest sensitivity, and
will be the easiest position to achieve consistently. If it is hard to tell
physically when the alignment is perfect, it will be the position which
gives the maximum reading on the tensiometer.

Yes, I've noticed it's the most "stable" position. But there's still
a little play in the
dal gauge readings. I have to jiggle the tensiometer a bit to get the
reading to stabilise
further. I'm assuming that this happens when the tensiometer is
reading the smallest
axis.