Old October 11th 11, 03:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Here's the new ride.....

On Oct 10, 9:05*pm, Harry Brogan
wrote:
Here's a few shots taken today as I picked up and took the new ride
home.......Take a look as I am still open for suggestions.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

I wouldn't change the saddle, bars, grips, or pedals unless they
bugged you. The stock setup is pretty nice. Maybe you'll want to dial
in the stem length. Ride it a while and find out. I like bars on
longtails that have one secure grip position with the controls at
hand, preferably wide--the stock Trek ones are as good as you'll
probably need.

Make some bungies for the front rack using road tubes with the valve
cut off and the ends knotted, or spring for a cargo net. Also, clamp a
stem and passenger handlebars onto the post for when you go cruising
on Friday night. The headlight? If you have a front rack, you get
extra style points for mounting it under the left side. Tail light:
find a way to put it on the back of the rack in case you have a load
or a babe back there.