Old May 28th 12, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Default Giro points jersey

On 28/05/2012 15:28, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 5/27/2012 7:48 AM, steve wrote:
On May 26, 8:45 pm, Bob Schwartz wrote:
The Giro points jersey only awards points at stage finishes.
It isn't a sprint jersey, it recognizes riders that are
always in the hunt for stage wins.

There are more competitions than I can keep track of. But
the Giro does have a competition consisting of mid-race
sprints. So it's like they have a sprint competition similar
to the Tour's but they separated it into the component parts.

I believe that there are intermediate points given at the Giro for the
points Jersey.

Well, looks like Wikipedia knows. And knows the relationship
to the Traguardo Volante (TV) sprints.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giro_d...classification

There are rules, man. See 'Regulation' link at the bottom of
http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giroditalia/2012/en/ or directly:
http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/Sp...Regulation.pdf
and of course the source in Italian:
http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/Sp...egolamento.pdf