Old May 4th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default horns and roars of any kind are not welcome

(I'm quoting here an interesting dialog with the original poster that
interprets the use of the horn)

"I can not subscribe to the Us versus Them Lions vs. Sheep analogy
wholeheartedly since few of us are only cyclists or drivers. But I
will admit that there are those out there who are not about to be more
courteous drivers around cyclists unless they are confronted by many
more cyclists on the road and strong peer and legal pressures to be
careful passing them all or careful in how they startle with their
angry horns.

But we are only talking about the horn blowers who lean on their horns
or startle us with bad timing of horn blows; don't forget that there
are many who just use their horns to alert or say hi without adding
the hostility aspect."

I'd only ask you,

Who surround themselves with statues of lions, lion's emblems, and
lion's family crests?

Yes, pretty much the same ones who buy SUVs and then...

"One major problem of SUVs is that some drivers tend to contract SUV
invincibility syndrome, which manifests itself by aggressive behavior.
Infected individuals mistakenly reason that the sheer size of the
vehicle suddenly makes them supreme road worriers. In other words some
mild mannered women who drive SUVs become aggressive chicks with
dicks, and a few normal guys who drive SUVs become über dick heads."
http://www.phaster.com/road_trips/su...they_suck.html

Yep, the lion has to do with the vehicle you ride, though there are
exceptions to the rule. And some of us --myself included-- use cars,
but not more than what we need. We are the monkeys...

And horns and roars of any kind are not welcome.