Old July 6th 20, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default Elderly man critically ill in hospital after being struck by cyclist

On Monday, 6 July 2020 17:26:35 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2020 16:48, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 6 July 2020 02:05:06 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 05/07/2020 21:24, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 5 July 2020 19:24:41 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 05/07/2020 18:38, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, July 5, 2020 at 6:30:49 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

So you agree there is no evidence the pedestrian was the victim. I assume you will be retracting your previous post.

The pedestrian could have been on a mobile (not unusual these days) and blindly walked out into the road in front of the cyclist and knocked him off. Then who is the victim?

Deal with the facts as known.

Not with your imaginary visions.

Exactly.
Now what FACTS to you have to support your claim the pedestrian was the victim?

We start with the scarpering by the guilty cyclist and his not coming
forward when asked to by the police.

Do you say that he failure to identify himself is a mark of innocence?

How do you know the cyclist is aware of all the fuss? it's not exactly national news.

It doesn't have to be.

So how do you know the cyclist is aware the police are looking for him?
From the cyclist's POV it may have been a minor incident with no harm to anyone so gave it no further thought. Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.