Old June 25th 03, 08:55 PM
SuperSlinky

Default Rock Shox Duke XC U-turn vs Pilot SL

MidBunchLurker said...

Been using the Duke XC for the last 3 months: super-plush and definitely
recommend it.

I know there are lots of satisfied Duke customers, but having seen the
insides, I just doubt its long-term durability. Mine was busted from the
factory. I got a Duke SL as a replacement in a deal with the bike
factory, but in the meantime I ordered a Fox Vanilla 125RL. I am going
to put the Duke SL on my old full rigid and see how it does. Installing
the Fox in place of the Duke was a real eye-opener. I'm not sure why I
sense so much of an improvement. Maybe part of it is that I like the
geometry better with the longer travel of the Fox, but it is noticeably
stiffer as well and I think that is the main thing.