Old June 22nd 06, 07:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc

Default How Ed Dolan and Mike Vandeman came to dominate their newsgroups

"S Curtiss" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:QaCdncFXmoL6PATZnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
It was never my intention to dominate a newsgroup and I am sure it was
not
Mike Vandeman's intention either, but yet I do dominate ARBR and
Vandeman
does dominate RBS. We both stay on our own threads and do not step on
other
threads, but it seems that it doesn't matter. Others simply go away and
before you know it all there is on these groups is Dolan and Vandeman.
think both of us in our separate ways serve as a catalyst for a few
others
who take us on. Our messages become increasingly contentious and
finally we
are preventing others from coming onto the group. That is certainly not
my
intention and I know it is not Vandeman's intention either. But what to
do
about it?

Tis a simple problem with a simpl solution ... L E A V E !!!!!

Well, that is ONE possible solution, but then what would I have to do.
Besides, I add interest to what would otherwise be a very dull group. It
would not be fair to those who come to ARBR and RBS expecting some
entertainment.

Perhaps discussions of gearing, frame types, cycling routes and such is
EXACTLY what people post for. There a million sites for "entertainment".
Why read about the non-sexual proclamations of a self-absorbed individual
when I want to know what gearing I should have when visiting the Blue
Ridge Parkway?

Nope, I cannot believe there are any humans who are so dead that they would
limit themselves to what you propose. Either be a complete human being or be
gone! I know better than you what is good for you!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka