Old June 23rd 06, 12:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc

Default How Ed Dolan and Mike Vandeman came to dominate their newsgroups

"Edward Dolan" wrote in
news:S5mdnQfZj8MUZwfZnZ2dnUVZ_radnZ2d@prairiewave. com:

"Chris Foster" wrote in message
05.47...
"Edward Dolan" wrote in
news:WbmdnaKzb8RdfgfZnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d@prairiewave. com:

[...]
Ahhhhhhhh Blow Me.

This guy supposedly has a Ph.D. degree from the University of
Illinois in electrical engineering. Now you know why I do not
reserve unqualified respect for those with higher degrees. Jerks are
jerks no matter what!

He was also a former Marine and that now is apparently the kind of
person he has chosen to revert to for purposes of these newsgroups.
Once a grunt, always a grunt! "Semper Fi" you jar head!

I was just wondering how easy it was to [get] under your skin.

Hardly a challenge, it was easier that I thought [.]

It is not possible for anyone in cyberspace to get under my skin.
Everything is tit for tat with me. That is all it is and all it can
ever be. After all, there is real life and then there is Usenet. Only
a fool would confuse and conflate the two.

Conan,

You got so upset are my remarks that YOU sent a e-mail to me, here it
is:

"Edward Dolan" wrote in
news:ccqdnVmFSNiu0xXZnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@prairiewave. com:

Ahhhhh Blow Me

[...]

**** you too Chris Foster!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Then I replied, And once again, you had a hiss fit, here it is:

John,

Do not be sending any messages to me at my email address. Whatever it is
we have to say to one another can be done on Usenet where all the world
can see it and can draw their own conclusions.

You resorted to an obscenity without any reason for doing so. Like you I
spent quite a bit of time in the military and so I know EXACTLY how to
respond to such remarks. When I get a '**** you', then you get back a
'**** you too'! It is hard to believe you have any higher degrees as you
still seem to be acting like a marine grunt.

Regards,

Ed

PS. It is OK if you want to post the above message to Usenet - and we can
carry on from there.

So, I think I did a GREAT job of getting under you skin.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. By the way, you might want to learn how to edit your posts.
Others on these newsgroups have me in their kill file and that is
where you will soon be yourself if you continue to quote me in full in
your every message. Unlike you, many others simply cannot stand a
little contention. They want all to be peace and light in their
universe.

PS2. I am the best editor Usenet has ever known. It comes from my
professional training as a librarian. Follow my example and you will
never go far from wrong.