Old May 4th 18, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Desperate needs = desperate but workable solution

On 2018-05-04 10:52, Doug Landau wrote:

With a $45 tire I do not expect to have to rant snipped

I spent another few minutes and $1 of gorilla snot on this tire :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdsokmbfixi7jf2/tire.jpg?dl=0

I'll get my 3K miles out of this gatorskin, no problem

Sorry, but I find my life and health too valuable to run with that sort
of hazard mounted on the front rim. Again, you do not properly fix any
of the frayed strands with that. IOW an accident waiting to happen.
Well, it's your life, not mine.

Luckily, its a rear wheel in the picture. When is the last time you died due to a rear blow-out? I've blown an overheated tire on a tandem on a 15% descent and didn't die. At least I don't think I died -- but that's a question for the philosophy NG.

-- Jay Beattie.