Old March 23rd 17, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default The University of Aalborg Study on Daytime Flashing Lights forBicycles.

On 3/22/2017 8:38 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 08:51:58 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:56:40 +0700, John B.
wrote:

There is some information available, although not much. Reelight
apparently donated some 2,000 fore and aft flashing permanently
mounted and, essentially, always on lights for the study. The study
was in Denmark where I would guess that all, or nearly all, bicycles
are equipped with conventional lights as I have read that if one is
caught riding after dark the fine is a rather substantial amount -
perhaps a week's pay if my figures were correct, and in fact in one of
the reports it was stated that the test was between bicycles with a
permanently mounted and always on flashing light and bicycles equipped
with "conventional bicycle lights"

So, the participants were expected to REMOVE their conventional
lighting system and replace it with a Reelight model? Or did they
leave both of them connected?

Nope. the Reelight SL-100's mount on the axle or skewer end and are