Old September 10th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
!Jones[_2_]

Default Inflatable helmet, really

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:30:43 +0100, in rec.bicycles.tech Phil W Lee
wrote:

Indeed - in almost all motorsport protective equipment includes a
helmet, HANS device, multi-point safety restraint and flame-retardant
overalls.

On your logic, this proves clearly that all motorists and their
passengers should do the same.

I never suggested that; however, that's the usual tack.

You see, if you sample the automotive groups, you find *exactly* the
same argument, only it's about seat belts. Well, they also gripe
about how the pollution controls don't work and how everyone is so
unfair to them and how misunderstood they are... same old stuff. I
suppose that the real hot-button that gets them wound up as tightly
and quickly as you and Frank is noise abatement... you know, muffler
laws and limitations on boom-box volume. These don't work either!
(Why don't they fine AmTrac? They're noisier than my car stereo.)

If you go over to the jet skiers, they gripe about no wake zones. For
the snow mobile bunch, it's the trail closures due to avalanche
danger... it doesn't work! The skateboarders pretty much whine about
everything.

I don't care if you whine, Phill; heck, everyone else does. I'd just
like to see an original thought process beyond that.

Jones