Old May 26th 04, 02:55 AM
S o r n i

Default Advice on a good hardtail.

frodge wrote:
Hi. I am pretty new to the board and want to know a good hardtail to
buy for around $1000. I am 5'7, with an inseam of about 31". I will
be using the bike for trail-riding. Nothing serious like jumping 8
feet and stuff. Basic trail riding with roots and mud and hills.

That's a /fairly/ long inseam for your height, so it's even more important
that you enlist the help of professionals with bike selection and fit.

In other words, visit some Local Bike Shops (LBSs) and ask questions and
take test rides.

You can get a helluva bike for a grand these days, but it MUST FIT or you
won't enjoy riding it.

Bill "go forth and shop" S.