Old September 18th 19, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Article about SRAM in Forbes

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 10:19:49 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I REALLY LIKE my 9-Speed Campagnolo Mirage Ergo shifters/brake levers. I can ship up OR down numerous gears with either the rear (for the rear cogs) or with the front for the three chainrings I use with them.

The front Ergo is ratchet which means I can fine-tune the shifts to
prevent derailleur cage rub and it makes the setup of the shifter a
lot quicker and easier too.

The chainring "fine-tuning" is another thing I miss about the Campy ergo shifters.

I hope to replace the Mirage front derailleur and Mirage Ergo levers with 9-speed Veloce ones only because the Veloce are all silver and then I'd have a full 9-speed groupset on that bike.

I guess we all have different preferences based on our needs, wants, type of riding and length of rides. WHen I've ridden a really long way on my Ergo or barend shifter bike and get quite tired I sometimes reach down to the downtube to shift if I've been riding one of those bikes a lot recently. I have two bikes that have the old Suntour Symmetric shifters on top of the downtube and with those it's really easy to shift BOTH the front and rear derailleurs at the same time with the same hand. Ditto for my Shimano Dura Ace AX shifters also on the top of the downtube.

Cheers