Old September 18th 19, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Article about SRAM in Forbes

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 2:35:03 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/17/2019 2:21 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 9:19:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:

I hope to replace the Mirage front derailleur and Mirage Ergo levers with 9-speed Veloce ones only because the Veloce are all silver and then I'd have a full 9-speed groupset on that bike.

OK. As long as you know you are doing the change for completely aesthetic reasons. For performance, there ain't no difference. I have Record, Chorus, Centaur, Veloce, and a Mirage part or two on 9 and 10 speed bikes. No difference in performance.

+1

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Record and Chorus are MILES ahead of the rest of the line in performance. The throw is less and the motions of the components are such that you don't have to mess about nearly do much to stop noises.

I absolutely would have kept Centaur or below if there weren't these differences because the price difference is so substantial. Even the Record cassettes shift cleaner. The Record cable set and the chains are better.

Though I am presently testing one of those Connex super-chains and so far it seems to be the best I've used. No noises and shifts great after 400+ miles. I think that you're the one that recommended that and if so you're seem to be 100% correct.