Old March 19th 18, 05:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default milling machine

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 22:36:32 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/18/2018 8:08 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 00:35:20 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

What do you think guys, maybe this one is
a good choice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jML8nVSntuE

The beginning scenes - no loose clothing, no rings or wris****ch, etc.
is good advice. I once worked with a guy that caught a ring on
something when he jumped down out of the bomb bay and tore the skin
off the back of his finger. Just pealed off a strip all the way from
the base of his finger to the fingernail. An Electrician, working on
the same airplane shorted out the main battery bank with his wedding
ring. Melted the gold ring right off his finger (that didn't do the
finger any good either)

As a young Airman those experiences convinced me that jewelry and
working are a poor combination and even today I automatically remove
rings and watches when going to work.

I know of a trade school that had its carpentry students building a
house, that the school later sold as a fund raiser.

I was told that one long-haired student was on the 2nd floor, drilling
holes for wiring through the studs in the naked stud walls. He leaned
over as he drilled, and his long hair wrapped around the chuck of the
drill. The drill pulled his head down fast enough that he knocked his
head on the drill, then fell through the open stud space. He was rescued
while hanging by his hair about 8 feet above the ground.

Depending on how much hair the drill grabbed I would have expected to
find the guy on the floor with a nasty red place on his scalp where
the hair got pulled out :-)

When I was in the A.F. they were almost fanatical about safety. You
could actually be demoted for failure to comply with the safety
manual. When I retired and went to work for a civilian company I found
that while they gave lip service to safety they were actually far more
lax then the A.F.
--
Cheers,

John B.