Old February 28th 11, 06:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Besides Lycra its now a bike cam for Geoff!!!!!

On 1/03/2011 1:18 AM, K.A. Moylan wrote:
In article, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

On 28/02/2011 10:00 AM, Rob wrote:
Cyclists put mettle to the pedal to capture collisions

You're on bike-cam . . . Simon Hookham with the video camera mounted on
his bicycle, and some of the footage he has captured on his commute,
including near-misses with pedestrians and buses.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/c...227-1ba0x.html

I do see the argument for prosecuting those 10 or so drivers but even if
I did nothing, what I have learnt in life is that they will very likely
continue to commit irresponsible acts and they will be held to account
eventually - nobody gets away with it forever cos there is no forever

If no-one pulls them up on it, then of course they will continue to
commit irresponsible acts and never be held account. Might as well be
forever.

To me, "forever" is when a B-double runs over me late at night or early
in the morning, as the case may be, on that long dark lonely road I ride
on regularly Other than that, there ain't no "forever"

I do see your point about nailing those itinerants who transgress.
Without affirmative action on the part of cyclists and coppers, those
said *******s will simply not care until they do get caught.

There is some comfort from the SMH article as it appears the coppers are
willing to, at least, consider any captured footage, so that is a big
plus point - in a way, cos any consideration is on a case-by-case basis
only.