Old January 22nd 20, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Something On a Trek Frame

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 8:12:19 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 10:49:34 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/22/2020 12:30 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
Looking at Trek Madone frames I see on the off-side chainstay that there is something called a "Duotrap" by Bontrager - can anyone tell me what this thing is and what it does?

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/e...ensor/p/12319/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Unfortunately like a lot of Trek stuff they do a very poor job of explaining its actual use. Is it a cadence sensor? Is it a speedo? One of the outside comments mentioned that it pairs with Strava. Well, I think that I used Strava at one time and didn't like that everyone in the world had access to your courses and speeds.

Riding buddy has one of those. It is a speed/cadence sensor combo.
You can keep your Strava data privat in the privacy settings if you want but that is not the idea of Strava. Are your courses and speed secret? If so why are you babbling about your average speeds in this newgroup?

Lou