Old July 21st 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Starr

Default Help needed!!! What kind of group is this? ~20yr Bianchi bike, Campa group.

On 20 Jul 2006 15:39:23 -0700, "john" wrote:

Also, I could be mistaken, but the chain appears too long. If it is too
long, it will shift better when shortened to the correct length.

My $0.02, Good luck, John

I don't think the chain is too long. from some of the pictures, it
would be just as possible to say the chain is too short. Also, not the
case. Obviously something changed, during shipping. Whether the
derailleur itself is damaged or the hanger, or just an adjustment,
hard to tell.

For the OP, have you taken it to a shop and asked them? It may be
something simple.

Life is Good!
Jeff