Old July 21st 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
damyth

Default Help needed!!! What kind of group is this? ~20yr Bianchi bike, Campa group.

wrote:
I bought this beautiful oldtimer bianchi road bike about a year ago.
It has written the name Record 920 on the frame.
I liked it so much, I took it from Germany to the US when I went there
to write my thesis.
On the way back Delta damaged the gear group in the back.

Before I can start looking for the replacement part I'd need to know
what type/year the campagnolo group is.

Pictures are posted he

http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~mxhf...WWW/index.html

I guess it is about 20 years old. There are no catalogs online for such
old parts.
Does anybody know, or know where to start looking, or know where to get
parts even?

I tried shops, I tried Bianchi, I tried ebay.... i think I tried the
obvious things.

Max

Look he

http://www.campyonly.com/history/catalogs/1987.html
http://www.campyonly.com/images/cata...ory_S30003.jpg
http://www.campyonly.com/images/cata...ory_S30004.jpg

Have a good shop look at it. Like other people said earlier, could be
a simple as a bent derailleur hanger, which is easy and cheap to fix.
The shifting should also improve with a (more) modern derailleur based
on the slant parallelogram design. I had a similar bike bike in the
day.