Old July 1st 03, 01:02 AM
KSlater

Default Hardtail Advice

I would choose more on the store that provides better support then on the
brand of bike. If you get something that is not dialed properly that is
worse then a bike of lower quality that is dialed right. It make a big
difference.

Kyle
"Prometheus" wrote in message
m...
Hey all, I'm lookin for some hardtail buying advice.

I'm in the market for a new bike, I ride mostly bad pavement, some
fire roads, and the occasional not-too-technical singletrack.

It appears my choices are Gary Fisher Marlin, Specialized Rockhopper,
and a Cannondale F300 (all new). Any recommendations, experiences, or
other bikes to look at? I was hoping not to spend more than $500.

thanks,
Mike