Old May 9th 18, 01:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Pedestrians need more hi-vis and walking helmets

On 08/05/2018 23:51, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/05/18 20:01, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/05/18 14:05, JNugent wrote:

Sensible people are well aware that the liklihood of the cyclist
being blameless and the elderly victim blameworthy (which is what you
believe) to be very low indeed.

That paragraph is essentially correct.

I should add, if the part in brackets is removed. What makes you think
you know what I believe?

You betray your beliefs every time you post.

You could not care less about pedestrians. Whenever a cyclist kills or
injures a pedestrian, it's always the victim's fault as far as you are
concerned. There are no lengths, no extensions of illogical thought, to
which you will not descend in order to suggest - almost always, as in
the instant case, without evidence and in the face of the experience of
peope with eyes to see - that the cyclist was entirely innocent and that
the big bad 90-yr-old woman (or whoever) was, must have, been to blame.

I recently related an event about a pedestrian
that had to step back and *you* defended the driver.

Straightforward experience. I have stepped out in front of traffic
myself and then realised my mistake. I have seen lots of silly people
push prams off footways into the carriageway even as traffic is
approaching. You have seen it too.