Old April 27th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default What's everyone doing for Bike Month?

In article ,
"Jay" writes:

"Matt O'Toole" wrote in message
news
The Virginia Bicycling Federation wants to know what everyone is doing for
Bike Month. What does your bike club, organization, company, or local
government have planned? Announce your event and share your ideas in our
comments section:

http://www.vabike.org/what-are-you-d...ke-month-2008/

Matt O.

I plan to be drunk, face down in a gutter all month.

Don't forget to lock your bike first.
Carry $5 so you don't get busted for vagrancy.
And watch out for those Starvation Army do-gooders --
they'll try to feed you thin soup & stale bread while
making you sing "Shall We Gather by the River" for your
dinner, and then they'll try to dress you in badly
dry-cleaned clothes that somebody else died in.
Chances are you'll hear "Love the sinner, hate the sin"
so much it'll drive you up the wall. Those Starvation
Army do-gooders don't know how to sin artfully.
Clumsy sinning is a Sin.

Next month, I plan to wake up. God willing.

For me, ~every~ month is Bike Month.

Well, January, maybe not so much.

In Vancouver we have BikeSummer as well as BikeMonth
(June, which is also when the cops are more inclined
to enforce our local MHL.)

But I kinda like the idea of Chicago's BikeWinter.
I respect that Chicagoans have the balls to even
have a BikeWinter.

cheers,
Tom

--