Old March 6th 12, 05:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Shraga

Default Road Bicycle Helmets Offer Inadequate Protection for Mountain Biking

On Mar 5, 6:48*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mar 5, 10:34*am, Shraga wrote:

Any sport so extreme that it requires special protective equipment is
pretty stupid! Kind of like the people who practice it!

In other words, you think nearly all sports are stupid. So how do you
feel about seat belts? Do hand rails make staircases "extreme?"

Thanks for demonstrating, once again, just how insane mountain bikers
are. You obviously don't care about your own welfare, or anyone
else's.

And, yes, seatbelts prove that driving a motor vehicle is insane. You
don't see too many hikers wearing seatbelts or helmets, do you? QED

I have demonstrated nothing but your dishonesty, liar.

So according to you, "seatbelts prove that driving a motor vehicle is
insane." But you obviously hide from the fact that seatbelts are also
used by passengers in motor vehicles and aircraft. Why did you
deliberately avoid those uses, liar? What are you hiding?

You wrote "special protective equipment." I continue to assert that
"nearly all" sports recommend special protective equipment, and I am
merely providing examples that demonstrate your insanity. You gave me
ONE bad example in response, so you clearly don't understand what
"QED" means. Maybe you should leave the Latin phrases to the adults.

By the way, can you remind me which country won the hiking world
championships last year?

You also sound like you don't have a lot of hiking experience.
Personally, I always carry a whistle, dry matches, a first aid kit and
a light rain shell to *protect* me from the elements.