Old October 19th 17, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default California law about E-bike use for 70 and above?

My purely pedal-powered MTB is by now well above 40lbs with tool kit and
all. Plus usually several large stainless thermos bottles with water.
Plus occasionally one with homebrew IPA in there. The battery for the
lights weighs a bit as well and needed an "impact-proof" ABS enclosure.

It's full suspension so I had to modify the back in a way that it looks
more like the rear end of a dirt bike, in order to be able to pack stuff
for longer rides. The regular single-boom racks don't work because the
boom will buckle during hard rides and be too hard on the seat tube welds..

Alright, alright, alright. Let's see a pic of this POS already, Esé