Old July 12th 03, 09:15 PM
Ken Papai

Default Tour 2003 GC predictions

"Tom Kunich" tkunich@ wrote in message
thlink.net...
"K. J. Papai" com wrote in message
om...
Levi's and Tyler's injuries caused me to adjust my guesses.

New final GC prediction, 7/11/03,
before the first Alpine stage tomorrow.

1. LANCE
2. Ullrich at 1:45
3. Beloki at 6:30
4. Mayo at 7:15
5. Simoni at 8:00
6. Heras at 8:01

Green: Petacchi (I think he survives the mountains)
Polka: Beloki
White: Michael Rogers

GREEN will now be McEwen, Zabel, or Cookie? Yes, you candy ass!

Simoni now 12+ minutes back in two weeks? Yes.

I agree with your top guys list but there's no way Petacchi does any
better than Mario. He is exactly the same type of sprinter and I
expect him to go better than Mario in the spring classics but no
better in tours.

I was a little surprised Petacchi quit so damn early today.
He must REALLY be out of shape for someone 6'1" and 158 lbs.

Were that we were all so damn fat.

-Ken