Old August 28th 07, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

Default Light Theft (solutions — small pocket lights, or heavy duty well secured lights?)

"David Johnson" wrote in message

You know the story. You want to go for a pint in town and its light
when you set out but will be dark by the time you've finished your
"pint". Now I already have a wallet, phone and house keys in my Jeans,
so where am I going to stuff my lights?? I went to the shop and asked
to have Dynamo lights fitted just because I — either rightly or wrongly
— assume they're less attractive to thieves for a number of reasons (one
being they're harder to steal). The shop keeper doesn't seem to think
they're all that good or reliable.

Which shop? I'm guessing it isn't Ben Haywards.

Dynamo lights are great, esp. hub dynamo ones, and the reasons you mention
are one of them.

cheers,
clive