Old October 2nd 14, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Why You Should Keep A Bike Handy Even If You Don't Cycle Much

On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:51:13 +0100, Nick wrote:

On 01/10/2014 09:30, Judith wrote:

"Anterior knee pain and patellofemoral pain syndrome are among the most
common leg overuse injuries in cyclists."

http://www.cptips.com/knee2.ht

I really don't understand why people who like cycling feel the need to
defend every aspect of it.

Knee pain is real. Discussions of how to mitigate it are interesting,
(to me any way).

One of the major issues with me is cold. I have problems if I wear
shorts anything below about 20. I'm also in the market for some tights
which have warm/ windstopper knees, if anyone has any cheap ideas.

When I gave up wearing a helmet I had an issue with cold.
It seems that head covering cuts down heat loss from the body by a
considerable margin.