Old August 24th 11, 07:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
jcdill

Default Time to Ban Equestrians from Trails

On 23/08/11 10:40 PM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:

Has a bicycle ever panicked and killed an innocent bystander?

It doesn't take panicking - bicycle riders riding irresponsibly can and
do kill innocent bystanders (pedestrians).

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/baycitynews/a/2011/08/11/pedestrian11.DTL

A day after that article ran, I was driving on Embarcadero in SF, and a
bicycle passed me on the right (in the bike lane) and then proceeded to
blow thru a red light without so much as slowing down. Later that same
day, while I was stopped on Market at Spear, a bike ran thru the red
light, almost mowing down a pedestrian (who had the light) that was
crossing Market.

jc