Old September 8th 11, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default You know you are a cyclist when......

"Garry Jones" wrote in message
"Garry Jones" wrote in message hope to catch some
old friends and make some new ones.

"Edward Dolan" wrote:

Usenet newsgroups are NOT for making friends. They are for kicking ass.
You might prefer a chat room instead. Usenet is a wild and wooly place.

Oh my have times really changed that much? From 1997-2000 at least -
rec.bicycles.* WAS a great place for making cycling friends all over the
world. If you were around in these groups at that time you would know the
camaraderie that existed.

[...]

Surely you jest!

The Usenet you knew has died and gone to hell if it ever existed. ALL of the
cycling newsgroups are chock full of assholes, idiots and criminal trolls.
I myself haven't been able to post anything on topic for over 5 years. That
is because I am so busy kicking dumb ass.

If you want civility and polite discussion, I suggest you try a moderated
newsgroup. Of course, such a group is boring as hell, but some folks prefer
boredom to having their dumb asses kicked.

By the way, what does the "se" in your address stand for?

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka