Old January 7th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default OT - Obama

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
The best thing that could happen that would convince you that the war on
terrorism is real is if some of them would show up in your neighborhood
and blow your dumb ass sky high!

al Qaeda in Iowa blows up a grain elevator! Whoo Hoo! /sarcasm

The purpose of Islamic terrorism is to sow fear among the populace, not
necessarily to blow up anything that matters.

"Islamic terrorism" is an oxymoron, since Islam does not condone
terrorism. Like all religions, there are those who preach false beliefs
to advance a heretical agenda.

How about a Muslim terrorist
goes to an Iowa football game, blows himself up and takes several hundred
Iowans with him. Think that might bring you to your senses?
[...]

More likely an Iowa State fan being a suicide bomber at Kinnick Stadium.

The trouble with the above is that the elites only number in a few
hundreds of thousands, whereas everyone else numbers in the hundreds of
millions. Numbers count more in the end than the wealth of the few.

Really Ed? History says differently.

There is short run history and there is long run history. If and when things
get bad enough, you can count on change. I refer you to the Bolshevik
revolution in Czarist Russia of 1917, although the classic case for most of
the rest of us is the French Revolution of 1789-1799.

In the Lenninist revolutions, the aristocracy is merely replaced by
another authoritarian class. What Lenin, Mao, et al practiced was not
true Communism/Marxism.

You must get over your envy of the wealthy.

See my other post to disabuse yourself of this false conclusion.

They can choke on their money
for all I care as long as I have a modicum of freedom to live my life as I
please. I think that is the attitude of most folks. Always remember, the
best things in life are free!

Wealth is freedom in US society. Lack of wealth is servitude to the rich.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007

"To the elites, ordinary Americans are pretty much parasites.
It's not the bankers, with their multi-trillion dollar bailouts
who are the problem, it's old people with their Social Security
and Medicare. The elites made it. They are rich and powerful.
They believe that their success is due entirely to themselves
(even if they inherited the money or position). If you didn't,
then that means you don't deserve it." - Ian Welsh