Old December 28th 12, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default Fenders/Mud Guards

wrote:
Per Sir Ridesalot:
One thing about fenders ... is that it makes it much hardr to fit a bicycle in the trunck
or rear passenger compartment of many of todays cars.

Dunno if it would help with the fit issue, but I attach my rear
fenders to the luggage rack and then cut off anything to the rear
of the attachment point.
Some people don't mind road spray at all. Others want to try and stay dry and spotless.

Rain pants can take care of "dry"...
My preoccupation is with not inhaling that fine mist that comes
off the front wheel - having almost died from the bronchial/lung
infection I got once after kayaking in 40+ mph gusts and inhaling
the spindrift off of a bay down on North Carolina.
Think about what you see on the riding surface when it's dry and
then decide if you would be comfortable inhaling it - deeply.
Around here, it's not so much dog poop - but there is a *lot* of
goose poop and heaven-knows-what-else at the microscopic level.
--
Pete Cresswell

This is a concern of mine when passing by ripe road kill on wet roads. Also, on some back roads we ride, I can smell septic systems during heavy rains.

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk