Old February 27th 18, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default rubber compounds

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Capt Nemo probably had one aboard the
Nautilus as too much or too little humidity
in a closed environment tends to do bad
things to men and machines.

What humidity is that? Here in the
studio/office right now is 18.3C/22% and in the
workshop is -3.6C/56%. With a heat fan, I can
get that up to ~4.5C tho. Outside is -11C and
a heat fan won't help

But I don't need data to know that -3.6C is too
cold to work with tools, one needs to go inside
in between every individual part just a second
to get back warm hands.

Where an accurate psychrometer comes in handy
is demonstrating to buyers of elaborate
electronic weather stations that their
humidity measurements are very slow to
change, and rather inaccurate.

I tested my analogous German-made hygrometer
after a hot shower, but not in the actual
shower of course, and it had changed a lot.
So how slow is "slow"?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573