Old July 8th 07, 10:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Grand Poobah

Default Comfy performance bikes

"Zen Cohen" wrote in message
I like to ride fast but now that I'm in my 40's my body doesn't withstand
the road shocks as well. Are bikes like Specialized Roubaix, Trek Pilot and
Cannondale Synapse really that more comfortable than road bikes with racing
configs? I rode a Roubaix around the LBS parking lot and it felt pretty
good but the only way to really know is on a longer road ride.

Comments appreciated.

As Joseph has korrectly opined...think tires, not frame. I B 53 years since
birth, an' I B ridin' ~ 20 miles daily in nise weather. Ich weiss nicht,
what a ride around D LBS parking lot will tell U a/b comfort. I guess U
would want 2 run lower tire pressure, N also think saddle. Ich denke, D mos'
comfortable saddle B Brooks, but sUm riders kan't get used 2 a premium
leather saddle.

I'll keep thinkin' bekaus dat B watt I like 2 du!

....oder auf Deutsch:

Ich werde behalten, daran zu denken. Weil das ist, was ich machen mag!

Jay D Kraut (Bike Friday serious Bike Commuter in da beg citi witch B
Chicago, TRU!)

http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/brooks.jpg

http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/bike1.jpg