Old October 11th 06, 04:30 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
Bill Z.

Default Helmet Nazis at It Again!

writes:

Bill Z. wrote:
writes:

Where I live there are "public service" announcements on
the radio from the local police force, stating that helmets prevent
88% of head injuries.

I've never seen such announcements in the newspapers around here. Don't
know about the radio as I've more or less permanently shut the goddamn
thing off due to excessive loud, obnoxious advertising, but before I
gave up on radio, I never heard any such announcements.

Bill's introduced an Interesting debate technique: saying "I'm
ignorant, so you must be wrong."

First, to correct my reply to JTaylor, I inadvertently typed your
name. But other than that, since when is putting up with loud,
obnoxious, "screaming idiot" advertising a requirement to particpate
in any discussion. Does Krygowski have a problem with (gasp)
reading or talking to people?

I have repeatedly seen such false helmet-promotion statements, in
newspaper articles, in helmet promotional pamplets, in web pages, and
in testimonial materials provided to legislators.

You may choose to go through life ignoring all media, if you like. But
the resulting ignorance does NOT work as proof. What you don't know
about can certainly exist!

Krygowski, dishonest as ever, is trying to deflect the fact that the
*local police force* is not putting this stuff out around here. He
says one thing and then when called on it, he pretends he was talking
about something else. It is his typical "debating" tactic, and one of
the reasons I have no respect for him.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB