Old November 5th 04, 09:44 PM
AustinMN

Chris Phillipo wrote:
In article ,
says...
Subject: Ontario Helmet Law being pushed through
From: "AustinMN"
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc, ont.bicycle

Chris Phillipo wrote
In article ,
says...

I'm saying that he constantly posts statistics that claim
helmet use is detrimental to the health of the people because it
deters
them from riding, I counter that in Nova Scotia helmet use is not
enforced so where exactly is this deterrent for riders?

Chris, these two statements don't oppose and contradict each other.

Come again?

Take a deep breath. Just because a law is not enforced, doesn't mean
there
aren't people who obey it.

The existence of the law (whether or not it is enforced) _is_ a
deterrent.

Austin

Are you listening? I said ridership is UP not DOWN. His study is
flawed in it's collection methods.

Then your location is a fluke. Virtually everywhere else MHL's are put in
place, ridership declines.

But my suspicion is that your collection methods are more flawed than the
one who found ridership is down. You do base your statement on a scientific
survey, not your own impression, right?

Austin
--
I'm pedaling as fast as I durn well please!
There are no X characters in my address