Old December 12th 14, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Best Bicycle Gifts

As mentioned by others already.
1. Socks. Smartwool brand are very high quality.
2. Tires. Look at what they are riding now. Buy those on sale during the year.
3. Red rear blinkie. Should be cheap from Nashbar. Give them a piece of Ziploc so they can run it through the back of their helmet vents and hang the light there. Always visible and ready to go. Weight is immaterial. I have one on my helmet.

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:23:20 PM UTC-6, jbeattie wrote:
So, what would be good (and relatively cheap) gifts for cyclists? Not a major gift -- something more than a stocking stuffer, though. This is when I could kick myself for not buying some cheap jerseys at the Castelli warehouse sale.

-- Jay Beattie.