Old December 25th 18, 05:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Storing bottles

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 11:55:58 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

Good Lord! I wash my bike bottles as soon as I finish the ride.

I keep mine in a refrigerator. The garage is heated only by leakage
from the furnace/water-heater closet (which isn't particularly warm),
and by having two walls in common with the house. I keep my "root
cellar" (a paper lunch bag containing a quart-size paper-mache' berry
box of onion sets) against the back wall of a cupboard hanging on an
inside wall to be sure it doesn't freeze.

I'll be taking the bottle out of storage sooner than expected. On
Tuesday's ride, I warmed the bottles in the humidifier pot and put my
Sheriff Goshert bottle in the insulated pannier, and it was still hot
when I took it out, experiment a success.

In an excess of caution, I wrapped the bottle in a plastic grocery bag
first, and it's lucky that I did: the sack had a puddle of water in
it when I took the bottle out. So after I got home, I tossed it into
the recycling bin. The bottle, that is. I tossed the sack when I
passed Owen's. Together with a lot of the sacks I'd used to cushion
the lamp I left at the recycle depot, since I'd hit two stores on the
way to the depot, and ate half of a foot-long submarine on the way
back, and pannier space was getting a bit tight.

Sheriff Goshert stepped aside for Sheriff Dukes about the same time.

It was a few campaigns back that I picked up the bottle at a garage
sale, so it's done its duty.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net