Old January 5th 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default HP Velotechnik Street Machine?

gotbent, a self-described fat old geezer onna bent, wrote:
"NYC XYZ" wrote in message
ups.com...

Great points! So it's decided, then...I'll see you out there -- in my
GTe!

Ouch...$3K...I'd just spent $3K this past month...!

much prunage

Check out www.recumbents.com there's a '03 Speedmachine with a tailfairing
for bout $2500. I have an older one too. It's a sweet ride, even if I can't
make it go all that fast. Some people say they have trouble starting up and
steering Sm's with the hampster bars. I bought mine used and never had a
test ride. I saw one once and I wanted it, but couldn't afford it.
Eventually I had some cash, the I gotta have it itch and the opportunity. It
came with the aero bars and I never had a problem steering (Don't put the
brakes on in a slow speed turn! Never, ever!) I think that it's more stable
than my SWB RANS. I upgraded to new air shock, new Magura Louise calipers
and a seat that's the right size. It's red. It's a really sweet ride.

I had no trouble riding a HP Velotechnik Speedmachine with the "T" bars
even though the seat was about 5 cm too far back. I would get the "T"
bars since they look so much better (opinion).

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley