Old July 7th 03, 09:21 PM
Bob M

Default Carbon fiber seatpost, aluminum frame and a workstand...

On 7 Jul 2003 13:16:04 -0700, Spider wrote:

OK, I know I'm not supposed to clamp the aluminum frame into the
workstand (due to the possibility of crushing damage, I imagine.)

I'm supposed to clamp onto the seatpost. Great! Problem solved (or
avoided, at least.) But wait - I have a carbon fiber seat post. Is
it OK to clamp onto that? What are the dangers to me, my bike and/or
my seatpost?

TIA,

Spider

I don't know -- I own two aluminum bikes (one racing, one mountain) and
I've always clamped them in the workstand. I'd rather clamp an aluminum
tube than a carbon fiber seatpost.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply