Old July 7th 03, 09:26 PM
Chris Hughes

Default Carbon fiber seatpost, aluminum frame and a workstand...

Simple solution get a quick release for you seat post clamp and a cheap
takeoff seatpost, many bike shops have a box full of these. Use the cheap
seatpost when you clamp into the stand.
Chris
"Spider" wrote in message
om...
OK, I know I'm not supposed to clamp the aluminum frame into the
workstand (due to the possibility of crushing damage, I imagine.)

I'm supposed to clamp onto the seatpost. Great! Problem solved (or
avoided, at least.) But wait - I have a carbon fiber seat post. Is
it OK to clamp onto that? What are the dangers to me, my bike and/or
my seatpost?

TIA,

Spider