Old July 8th 03, 12:34 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Default Carbon fiber seatpost, aluminum frame and a workstand...

Spider wrote in message
om...
OK, I know I'm not supposed to clamp the aluminum frame into the
workstand (due to the possibility of crushing damage, I imagine.)

I'm supposed to clamp onto the seatpost. Great! Problem solved (or
avoided, at least.) But wait - I have a carbon fiber seat post. Is
it OK to clamp onto that? What are the dangers to me, my bike and/or
my seatpost?

TIA,

Spider

What's wrong with clamping around the top of the _seat tube_ with post fully
inserted? That should be plenty tough enough, surely?

Shaun aRe