Old July 9th 03, 09:49 AM
Shaun Rimmer

Default Carbon fiber seatpost, aluminum frame and a workstand...

Mark Hickey wrote in message
"Shaun Rimmer" wrote:

What's wrong with clamping around the top of the _seat tube_ with post

fully
inserted? That should be plenty tough enough, surely?

Some frames (like mine for example) have inserts in the top of the
seat tube. The seat post will only make contact with the frame for
the length of these inserts - and they're not all that long (don't
have to be).

Heh - that's why I specifically enquired: 'What's wrong with clamping
around the top of....' ',;~}~

Habaneros have 7cm inserts - long enough to beef up the
top tube/seat tube/seat stay junction, and more than long enough to
handle the seat post.

Of course, I also don't worry about clamping my frames in ANY
workstand. As BTO woulda said (about a million years ago), they're
"not fragile".

Spammer! ',;~P~

I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned about clamping my (alu) frame by
any part of it either - it's certainly tough.

Shaun aRe