Old January 16th 18, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default 1940's bicycle clothing

On 1/15/2018 6:41 PM, Oculus Lights wrote:
Anyone have pictures or know of vintage 40's clothing sources?
I'm seeking to assemble outfits to wear when riding and exhibiting my 1946 Schwinn.
Ideally, period era outfits in a style that would have been worn by a teenager, like my father would have when riding his bike in the the immediate post-WWII years.
tia, Barry

I'd think any image archive showing kids clothing from that period would
suffice, because I doubt ordinary Americans of that time bought unusual
clothing to do ordinary bike riding.

You could search for images from American Youth Hostels, e.g.
http://www.vintagekidstuff.com/ayh/ayh.html

http://openarchives.umb.edu/cdm/sing...l32/id/3/rec/3

or this?
https://www.pinterest.com/vintagesan...s-photographs/
although that one seems to show a lot more girls than guys. Wonder why? ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski