Old January 16th 18, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default 1940's bicycle clothing

On 2018-01-15 15:41, Oculus Lights wrote:
Anyone have pictures or know of vintage 40's clothing sources?
I'm seeking to assemble outfits to wear when riding and exhibiting my 1946 Schwinn.
Ideally, period era outfits in a style that would have been worn by a teenager, like my father would have when riding his bike in the the immediate post-WWII years.
tia, Barry

AFAIK they wore pretty much what they also wore off-bike:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/C45NHY/unem...932-C45NHY.jpg

Back then people didn't have special cycling clothes. Most could only
afford some regular daily clothes and then one "Sunday's best" outfit
for church.

It's pretty much the same with me, by choice, I do not own cycling
jerseys and don't want any.

Road bikers wore sports outfits that could also be found on runners,
school kids during gym class and others:

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk...parade1950.jpg

And oooh, no helmets. Danger ... :-)

--
Regards, Joerg